Background

Monday, May 31, 2010

Letter To Alison at Graduation

This page is going to be the last in the album.  It's a letter I wrote to her. I wanted it to be very simple...just a picture of us and the letter, so this is what I came up with!  Journalling letter says:
Journalling letter says:


Alison, May 31, 2010
I wanted to tell you how proud I am of all you've accomplished!
I can't believe you are graduating High School! It seems just yesterday you were calling me Mom-may and sitting in my lap while I read you bedtime stories! I miss those days so much!
You were the cutest, most unique and funny little girl! You kept me and your Dad laughing at your wild imagination every day!

Now you're a young woman with the same wild and crazy imagination, happy spirit and wondrous outlook on life. I hope you'll keep that wherever you go, whatever you do…it's what makes you so special and what I treasure the most about you.

I know we've had some tough times over the years, but through it all, there was never any doubt from either of us that the love was always there. I hope you'll always remember that…LOVE and FAMILY are what make life worthwhile and meaningful.

Remember how we used to lift our arms above our head whenever we drove over a rail road track? Or how we used to open the sunroof on the car, roll down the windows and turn the music (Shania Twain or Michael Jackson!) up full blast and sing as loud as we could get our voices to carry? Remember when we got up in the middle of the night to go for a drive in the Corvette? Or when we'd move the furniture and turn our living room in to a dance floor? Those are the times that are most vivid in my memories…not the hard times we went through together. I hope the same is for you….

Alison, I love you with all my heart. I'm proud of you and I hope you know that I always will, NO MATTER WHAT. You're my daughter, my flesh and blood and you'll always be my little girl.

Seize life! Make it what you always dreamed it could be! This is your chance to move mountains, to be anything and anyone you want to be! Set your goals in front of you Alison, and never ever stop working to reach them! You can do anything or be anything you choose to be! Go for it with all your heart and soul ~ before you know it, you'll have the world by it's tail!

I love you. Congratulations on your High School Graduation!
Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment