Background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For the Love of Rafe

Hello bloggers,  yesterday was a hard day for me for two reasons...
1. my son left the safety of our country to fight for our freedoms in Afghanistan (please pray for his safe return) and 2. I found out that the insurance company denied a claim a brain surgery that my grandbaby Rafe needs to stop the seizures he has every day several times a day.  He was born with a rare brain disorder called schizencephaly. Not only does he have seizures every day, he is legally blind and has other developmental issues.
Rafe is a sweet, loving, good natured little boy despite all he's been through and all he goes through every single day with this disorder. He touches everyone he meets in a way only a special child can do.  I love him so much and it is hard to see him suffer.
I am putting together a benefit to raise funds for the surgery he needs.  It's the doctors last resort in an effort to stop the seizures...they've tried everything else! 
Please go to the Facebook page I created for Rafe and click like to stay abreast of the progress of our fund raising efforts. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Rafe/223727720987979
I will be adding a Donate for Rafe button to this blog for those who want to donate to this worthy cause.
one thing is for sure: 
NO LOUSY INSURANCE COMPANY IS BIGGER THAN A MOM AND GRANDMOTHER'S LOVE! WE WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR RAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment