Background

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sweet Sweet Prince







I created this layout of my sweet grandbaby Rafe after three weeks of carrying it around in my head waiting for the moment when I could create it without being bogged down by emotion. I intend to document the life of this wonderful blessing to our family through my love of scrapbooking and photography and the written word. The hidden journalling reads:
Your doctors told us you were blind three weeks ago. Although we knew you had vision problems, we didn't expect this. I cried for a solid week because I couldnt understanbd why our sweet little baby Rafe would never see what his own mother's face looks like, or how the sun seems to sink into the horizon at sunset, or how some flowers look as delicate as they smell. You, however, are such a joy, such an amazing blessing. As unimaginable as all this is, your smile and little giggles make us all know that you'll do just fine. I know you'll "see" through our eyes and we will learn untold life's lessons from you. I can't wait until you get back to the states so I can see you and hold you again. I miss you!
I used white cardstock for the background, K& Company Letter Pearl Embossed Velum for the foreground paper, Marth Stewart Daisy Fan punched the edges of the photo mat and the edges of the foreground paper. I used a scalloped edge paper turned design-side down, with Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink to give the edge a bit of dimemnsion. I attached eyelets and Fiber Accents String to make the bows. The punched border by the pick and the checkerboard cutout was sprayed with Smooch Spray to give it a glimmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment