Background

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Faithful Friend




I took this picture of my pomeranian Gabby when we got several inches of snow in early January. We have an Alaskan Malamute also who LOVES the snow and cold temperatures, but when we put Gabby outside she seems to get a bit miffed! LOL




Now about the layout itself...I used paper I had in my massive stash (but I need more, don't I?). The heart was cute from my Pagoda cartridge for my Cricut Expression. The brown flourish is actually the tail of the heart, although it's hard to tell from the photo. I made the flower myself with tulle and a giant brad...(I cut 8 layers of the tulle into circles, then cut a small round piece of cardboard - the packaging from the Prima flourish - and attached it to the bottom of the flower with the brad and a bit of hot glue. Once the brad is in place and the cardboard rounder, which is just slightly bigger than the brad, has a bit of glue on it, I squeezed the tulle around it to kind of scrunch the flower. That gives it more dimension...the last step is to turn the layers of tulle individually in a twisint motion around the brad, which causes the little 'folds' and curled look. Voila! handmade flower that cost about 30 cents to make!




The fan cutouts above the pic were punched with Martha Stewart Daisy Fan punch, Stickeled with Vintage Photo Distress Stickles glue (the heart also got the Stickle treatment!). I added the feathers with a bit of Tack Over and Over glue (Aleen's). I stamped the doily in the pp with ColorBox chestnut ink. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this one Mel!!! He almost looks like a little fox in the snow!!! Toooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete